Wednesday 10 September 2014

My 500 words day 2



The word for today is promptings. To prompt means to incite to do something, to suggest or remind, it’s interesting to live based on the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, the one who created the universe, the one who knows the mind of God. To have him on your side is the greatest thing in the whole world.
I lived my life today based on promptings, this is how it went.  I woke up around 4.30am today, I went out to pray for about 20minutes, after that I wanted to go back to bed because it was raining outside after a while the rain stopped and I went out for a walk –though intended running, I ended up walking 3kms. I came home and slept for one hour.
I woke up at nine am and prepared breakfast for my children, I had a banana and cucumber smoothie with 2 boiled eggs. I attempted making sesame paste today it came out all wrong. I cleaned up my room and then went ahead to fix lunch, lunch for me was steamed mixed vegetables with rice and boiled chicken breast, after that I cleaned up the sitting room.
I rested a while and play6ed a game of bike racing, I’m yet to win that game. At 6 o clock I went to the market, I just went, I didn’t really plan it. I bought food stuff and came home and made dinner.  Now the interesting thing about today was that in all the things I did I went against my natural tendencies, I went against my penchant for laziness. I took the path of discipline and it felt good. This is all thanks to the Holy Spirit. It all seems mundane, but for me it’s a seed, it’s a beginning. I love living by promptings’ it is the victorious way.

There are a few things I haven’t done yet. That plan with the children, we didn’t work on on it though I told them we had something we needed to work on.  I also didn’t read, but I think I’ll catch up on it before I shut down today.
Something else I need to work on is my thoughts, God is spirit and He is invisible. As a man thinks so he is. God sees my thoughts and my thought are the Holy spirits material. I need to supply good material for the Holy Spirit to use. I guess I need to research this thought thing very well and that is my assignment for tomorrow. How important are my thoughts? How do my thoughts influence my life? What does the bible have to say about thoughts? Look out for this tomorrow.
Writing 500 words is a real challenge but as I keep going and the words keep coming and before long its almost over. It’s so interesting, I believe it will get purer as the days go by wow I am done already and I am exhilarated. yaaaaaay



No comments:

Post a Comment