Thursday 18 September 2014

My 500 words day 9



We lost a friend.
When I heard Yemisi had passed, my knees  became weak but I saw her just 2 weeks ago I kept saying. I planned to visit her as soon as she came home from the hospital. I even imagined going to pray with her and encouraging her, telling her that she’ll be okay, she’ll have her baby safe and sound but it was never to be- she didn’t come back home.
I recently read a story about a man who woke up in the morgue, will this happen to Yemisi too? Will she wake up. I think about her a lot, she was beautiful, brilliant, funny, creative, stylish. People keep asking why someone so young and pretty should just die like that.
I had the privilege of spending a lot of time with her when she moved to the flat below me, she looked so lonely so asked her to come ad visit anytime she got bored and she accepted my invitation. We talked a lot well she did most of the talking, I just listened and laughed a lot. She was really practical and insightful and she knew what she wanted oh she wanted a lot of things. She was a fashion designer, a project manager an event organizer, she wanted to be on the media, she loved reality shows. I told her all she wanted will come in good time.
We drifted apart later but we still spoke once in a while. I  know she loved her job. She loved her husband a lot too.
These past days I have thought a lot about the things we talked about. I thank God for the privilege of knowing her and being able to share those times with her. I keep wondering if she can see all of us right now. Yemisi did you know you were leaving or did it take you by surprise too? Who will decorate the estate for Christmas? Who will cook those lovely dishes you used to make? though we only tasted of the delicious aroma.
Doc looks so sad, will you visit him once in a while in his dreams? The kids that loved you so much wont even know what happened to you. They’ll just get used to not seeing you again.
Tears filled my eyes today as I looked at you portrait, they captured your smile and the brightness of your eyes.  I believe you are with God right now, that means you have overcome. We are the ones left to continue the race. Beautiful things were said about you today and it was all true. You were a gift to all who new you.
What will be said about me when I’m gone?
I will live my life truthfully, without pretence, I will keep my words, finish every thing I start, obey the promptings of the holy spirit. I will live a full life so that when I’m gone I would have finished. We would talk when I see you again, maybe pick up were we drifted apart.
You are free now girl, FLY
Yemisi Lar

No comments:

Post a Comment